Sunday, April 15, 2007

Finally, I found a new fertility clinic in Manhattan (www.centerforhumanreprod.com) where the doctors addressed the fact that my auto immune disease might well be impacting my ability to get pregnant. I will always be grateful to Dr. Barad for his gentle understanding. However, it is now April and I have endured many injections, moments of hope and bitter disappointment. The details of which are still too upsetting to blog about. Long story short, we’ve stopped the ivf and Matt and I are working at putting the fun back into our lives. If you have an auto immune disease and you want a child, my advice is to absolutely start trying sooner rather than later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi karen,with a gallery of pains and aches of all sorts i can tell you,trust god and he will help you to achieve your goal to have your own children,i can attest to it,even knowing the price i was going to pay with my health,and i knew i could1.spina bifida ,to add to it,diseased heart and ra didnt stop me from achieving my goals,no,orthopaedists could prevent me from trying to have kids and thank god i did,no pain is compared to the happiness i had when i hugged my own children,so,i can only encourage you: go lady,go,dont listen to docs who will try to dissuade you.my kids are healthy,thank god,bright and brilliant and university graduatesfrom the best schools.and the most important thing,they are the most woderful caring kids,compassionate and good natured.

February 02, 2009 4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home