Monday, October 12, 2009

You Go Girls & next KAAS meeting 10/18

Over the years I've had many supportive parents at school helping with my dream to raise awareness about arthritis and to change the public perception of arthritis. For this to happen, authenticity of the pharmaceutical companies is key. No more actresses in ads trying to pretend they have arthritis. In September, with cautious optimism, a few of my girls from my Karen and Arthritis Support group (KAAS) attended a casting for a 'pharma' company. After many conversations about the importance of authenticity with me, those casting the commercial really listened and seem to be genuinely interested in RA awareness and the cause. This is a huge change and Abbott needs to be congratulated (so far) for this, as do those involved in casting the commercial.

Don't forget the next Karen and Arthritis Support Meeting (KAAS):
November 18
Cibo Restaurant @ 6 45 p.m.
2nd Ave between 42 nd and 41 st
New York
Men get arthritis too, so all are welcome!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kate Ungs said...

I'm loving all your hard work from one woman with RA to another, Thank you so much! I only wish your meeting were in Iowa! (don't you, hahaha). Thanks Karen.

October 27, 2009 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home